Laser hair removal is a sophisticated laser treatment where a gentle beam of light passes through the skin, disabling the hair follicle through transformed heat. Laser hair removal for unwanted hair has become one of the most common cosmetic procedures, only second to Botox injections as the most sought-out spa service. There are many types of laser treatments out on the market, but the more economical and with less downtime is Intense Pulsed Light or IPL.
Green Leaf Medi Spa uses DermaLase, the name most recognized for its effectivity and affordability among IPL machines in the market. This IPL machine is Health Canada approved and CSA-certified. The DermaLase IPL machine uses exact energy in a controlled system ensuring safety while delivering optimal results. This equipment ensures permanent unwanted hair removal from various areas of the body and for all hair colors.
With the DermaLase IPL, you can be sure that Green Leaf Medi Spa has chosen a reputable medical-grade IPL to perform your treatments.
Depending on the condition and the needs of the individual, a series of laser treatments may be required to get the desired result. Some individuals may need just a few sessions to remove permanently unwanted hair while others may require maintenance treatments. Here are more answers to frequently asked questions about laser hair removal:
How many treatments will I need for Hair Removal?
You would need 6-8 treatments depending on the are. Some touch ups may be required over a two-year span.
How many treatments until I see some results?
You will see roughly a 20% reduction per treatment. For coarse hair, you would need 2 extra treatments.
How frequent should I do Hair Removal treatments?
For your safety, there is a recommended 8-week interval between treatments.
Are the treatments painful?
Most clients do not find the procedure painful due to the cooling system.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL – PRE & POST CARE
Before the procedure, a dermatologist will usually review the patient’s medical history and conduct a physical exam. This is the time for the doctor and patient to discuss expectations, potential risks and outcomes of the procedure.
Patients also should:
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning beds, waxing, chemical peels or collagen injections for two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid perfumes, deodorants or any potential irritants in the treatment area before and after treatment.
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Shave 24 hours prior to treatment
- Clean the skin to remove perfumes, cosmetics, and sunscreens
- No IPL while pregnant
- No contraindicating medications
- Cease any training regimen or excessive sun exposure at least two weeks post-treatment
- No hot baths or showers for 24 hours
- No perfume, lotions or makeup 24 hours after treatment, except mineral makeup
- Use hypoallergenic sunblock at least SPF 30, applied frequently
- No excessive exercise that will cause profuse sweating for 24-48 hours
- Patients should return in 8 weeks after treatment for additional treatment
- If no further treatment is necessary, the patient should return for re-examination in 3-4 months, or when any new hair has grown in the treatment area.
Following treatment, patients should expect:
- Redness and swelling of the hair follicle, which is a normal occurrence.
- Pain and discomfort, which can be easily treated with over-the-counter pain medicines.
- To be given a prescription for a topical antiseptic cream to be applied after treatment.
- To avoid direct sun exposure for at least one week following all laser hair removal procedures.
Green Leaf Medi Spa is fast becoming Vancouver’s go-to place for all your hair removal needs. We offer professional services to get rid of hair from your face all the way down to your toes. Moreover, our professional staff are highly trained in providing safe and satisfactory service to our clients. Check out our list of treatment areas for laser hair removal:
- Bikini Line
- Upper Lip
- Neck (front or back)
- Fingers & Hands
- Toes & Feet
- Stomach Hair Line
- Brazilian (female)
- Upper Arms
- Lower Back
- Full Face
- Upper Back
- Lower Legs
As with any treatment, there are risks associated with it, though they are minimized in the hands of a qualified ASDS dermatologist. These include:
- Skin pigmentation problems